Using Appropriate Language
1. Choose words that accurately reflect your thoughts and feelings.
2. Avoid making blaming statements.
3. Know the meaning of words and phrases you choose.
4. Avoid profanity, slang, or terms that others may find offensive.
5. Frequently ask if you are being clear and understood.
Watch and Discuss
1. How do different settings or situations make different words "ok" or "not ok" to say?
2. Why should you know the meaning of the words and phrases you are saying?
3. Why is it important to check whether you are being clear when discussing something?