1. Look at the Person
2. Say "OK"
3. Do the Task Right Away
4. Check Back
- Following Instructions will show that you are a mature teenager
- Following Instructions shows that you are giving respect.
- Following Instructions will let you get to do what you want sooner.
- Do you think following instructions is ever more important based on the location?
- Do you think you will have to follow instructions you do not like as an adult as well? What could consequences of adults not following instructions be?
- Students get into groups of 2 and 3. Students will give each other instructions to follow and practice. One student gives an instruction, and then switch to the other student.
- Play a class game of "Simon Says." Students practice doing exactly what was said. The last person wins.
- If you do not agree with someone's instructions, how should you handle it?
- What areas of the school, or anywhere, are important to follow instructions? How does lunch, extra-curricular activities, and "non-school" times play into this? (e.g. How should you handle instructions at something like a ROCORI volleyball game?)
- Why do you think adults expect students to "follow instructions" right away?