Making a Request
1. Look at the person.
2. Use a clear, pleasant voice tone.
3. Make your request in the form of a question by saying "Would you..." and "Please..."
4. If your request is granted, remember to say "Thank you."
5. If your request is denied, remember to accept "No" for an answer.
Watch and discuss the video below about Making A Request.
1. What does the phrase "We are not a Genie, and you are not Aladdin" mean? What does that have to do with Making A Request?
2. Do you think you are more likely to have a request granted if you follow the steps above? Why or why not?