1. Look at the person. Smile.
2. Use a pleasant voice.
3. Offer a greeting. Say, "Hi, my name is ..."
4. Shake the person's hand.
5. When you leave, say, "It was nice to meet you."
Watch the Video Below and Discuss
1. How do different social situations call for different introductions? What are some examples?
2. When have you ever felt awkward for not giving or receiving a proper introduction? Describe your emotions.
Practice introducing yourself to those around you. Then, pretend you are in different situations, and practice how that would change your introductions.