ROCORI High School Testing Breakdown
Graduation Assessment Requirements
2023-2024 Statewide Assessments
There are three categories of assessments that will be administered in 2023-2024: Standards-Based Accountability, English-Language Proficiency, and Career and College (which also meet the graduation assessment requirements).
- Standards-Based Accountability Assessments: Reading, Mathematics, and Science MCA and MTAS are aligned to Minnesota Academic Standards and are used to meet federal and state accountability requirements. The primary purpose of the assessments is to measure achievement on the Minnesota Academic Standards. District and schools use the results to inform curricular decisions. The MCAs and MTAS are developed and administered by the State.
- English-Language Proficiency Assessments: The ESEA requires that all English learners be assessed in English-language proficiency to measure Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives (AMAO). The ACCESS for ELLs and Alternate ACCESS for ELLs are English-language proficiency assessments aligned to the Minnesota Standards for English Language Development. The assessments are developed by the multi-state World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Consortium and are used to meet the federal requirement and determine state English learner funding for districts.
- Career and College Assessments:
- FAST for grade 9 & 10 & 11 - used for placement into College in the High School classes
- PSAT for grade 11 (optional)
- ACT for grade 11 (optional)
ROCORI ADMINISTRATIVE Test Dates:
ROCORI Testing Calendar (open to see calendar)
The ACT® college readiness assessment is a curriculum- and standards-based educational and career planning tool that assesses students' academic readiness for college.
The ACT is the capstone of our College and Career Readiness System. The test uses the same score scale as ASPIRE, making the system an effective tool to monitor academic progress and student growth.
ROCORI High School
2023-2024 ACT TEST DATES
|TEST DATE||REGULAR DEADLINE||LATE FEE REQUIRED|
|October 28*||September 22||October 6|
|December 9||November 3||November 17|
|February 10||January 5||January 19|
|April 13||March 8||March 22|
|June 8||May 3||May 17|
|July 13||June 7||June 21|
*Indicates ROCORI is a National Test Center for that date.
Register on line at www.actstudent.org
PREPARING FOR THE ACT TEST online student guide with Full-length Practice ACT test, information about multiple choice and writing sections, test taking strategies, and what to expect on test day.
ROCORI High School
2023-24 SAT TEST DATES
See guidance office for dates and registration information.
Register on line at www.collegeboard.com
more information available in the guidance office
The ASVAB is a multiple-aptitude battery that measures developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military. It is administered annually to more than one million military applicants, high school, and post-secondary students. ROCORI is scheduled to offer the ASVAB on December 6th.