Early Childhood Family Education
Welcome to ROCORI Early Childhood Family Education! ECFE is a program for every family with young children ages birth to Kindergarten entry, offered by the ROCORI public school. Families from Cold Spring, Rockville, Richmond, and the surrounding area are all welcome to attend ROCORI ECFE.
Your experiences with ECFE classes include:
- Parent-Child Activity Time: Families explore a classroom filled with developmentally appropriate play and learn activities planned by a licensed early childhood teacher. These experiences foster the child’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and language skills.
- Parent Education Time: Parents meet with a licensed parent educator to share support, experiences, and information about child development and parenting techniques. Research on early brain development, parent-child relationships, and child development and guidance techniques are presented in ECFE class.
- Children’s Activity Time: Children learn with the early childhood teacher and paraprofessional as they practice social skills and interact with one another.
Two Types of ECFE Classes:
- Non-Separating: You and your child(ren) remain together. If your child (or you) are not quite ready to separate, these classes are the perfect opportunity for your family.
- Separating: You and your child(ren) begin and end class together, but spend time in the apart in the middle. A convenient and safe way for your child to gain independence.
To register your family for ECFE, log on the Eleyo registration system.