National Honor Society
To all National Honor Society(NHS) eligible sophmores and juniors:
National Honor Selection Process
1. Upon completion of term 4 (Spring 2018), Students seeking membership in the ROCORI Chapter
of the National Honor Society must:
• Be in grades 11 or 12 for the following school year.
• Have attended ROCORI High School for a full semester.
• Have a 3.7 cumulative grade point average or higher after term 4 of the current school
*** Students will be contacted with a notice of eligibility ***
2. Selection is determined by the NHS Faculty Council, which is made up of five staff members. The
adviser is a non-voting member. The faculty council strongly recommends potential members
complete 8 hours of volunteer work prior to submission of NHS application and participate in at
least two school sponsored events during the previous or current school year.
3. All information forms and essays are reviewed by the Faculty Council. Each student’s
information form and essay are reviewed separately, and the decision is reached on merit.
4. Topics for NHS application; Co-Curricular Activities, Leadership Positions, Community Activities,
Work Experience (optional), Volunteer activities, and Awards and Honors
Questions please see Mr. Kron, B209