Knowledge Bowl: Middle School
- Knowledge Bowl is a fun competition consisting of a written round (whole team works together to answer questions) and three oral rounds (competition against two other teams in a room working as a team to answer questions). It is similar to parts of Academic Triathlon.
- Meets may have themes with prizes awarded for the best costumes. Dressing up is voluntary, but it is fun.
- The team leaves from school for the meets, and we are usually back at the school by 8 p.m. Some meets offer the purchase of a dinner (usually pizza or sandwich with sides and a drink) at the meet or students may bring their own dinner. It is also good to have a snack for before the competition starts. Transportation is provided to and from the meets.
- Co-Coaches are Mrs. Evens and Mrs. Phillips.
- Activity fee: $60
- The season usually runs October- December, depending on when meets are scheduled.
- Students may participate in other activities at the same time as Knowledge Bowl.
- Practices are usually before school one day a week. This may be flexible depending on student schedules.
- Parents are welcome to attend the meets.
- An information meeting (parents and students) will be held in September (please email coaches so we can advise date).
Questions? Please email or send a Teams chat to: Stacey Evens: email@example.com or Sue Phillips: firstname.lastname@example.org.