Spartan Strength Training
Students in our strength program will get a variety of training methods to help them become more fit, athletic, and have improved overall health. The RHS weight room is open each day after school (on regularly scheduled school days) from 3:00-4:30.
The High School SSA program is for students entering grades 9-12 in the fall of 2020. It will be held in the High School weight room.
Please read all of the following information carefully regarding the summer Speed, Strength, and Agility (SSA) program.
The summer Speed, Strength, and Agility (SSA) program will run June 8th – August 7th .
There will not be a Spartan Challenge this year due to Covid-19
Any athlete, who is seen not following ALL guidelines to have this privilege, is subject to automatic removal from the program
Please fill out the registration form, and pay through Revtrak to fully register.
For any questions, please contact Jake Zauhar at email@example.com
Summer Strength and Conditioning Phases
Following Guidelines from:
- MN Dept of Health (MDH)
- National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
- Sports Medicine Advisory Committee (SMAC)
- COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for ROCORI School District 750 Facility Use
- Communication to parents about what the program will consist of will be sent out/zoom call
- All coaches must wear masks
- Athletes are HIGHLY encouraged to wear masks
- All athletes & coaches must have temperature taken upon arrival
- Athletes may bring their own water bottles to use, but must not share (no drinking fountain use)
- Athletes must arrive and leave in the same clothing
- All equipment will be cleaned immediately after use
- Workouts will run 30 mins per station with 3 stations per day
- Individuals considered “High Risk” are defined by the CDC here (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/groups-at-higher-risk.html)
Weightlifting is classified as a Lower Risk Activity:
* Lower Risk: Sports that can be done with social distancing or individually with no sharing of equipment or the ability to clean the equipment between use by competitors.
Examples: Individual running events, throwing events (javelin, shot put, discus), individual swimming, golf, weightlifting, alpine skiing, sideline cheer, single sculling, cross country running (with staggered starts)
Pre- workout Screening:
- •All coaches and athletes should be screened for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to a workout. Screening, done by workout group, includes a temperature check. Any individual with a temp of 100.3 or higher will be immediately sent home
- Responses to screening for each person will be recorded and stored so that there is a record of everyone present in case a student develops COVID-19
- Any person with positive symptoms will not be allowed to take part in workouts and we will contact his or her parent and primary care provider
- •High risk individuals will not oversee or participate in any workouts during phase 1
Phase 1. Limitations on Gatherings:
- No groups of more than 10 people at a time (inside or outside). 1 group will meet in the weight room, 1 group on the track/varsity game field, 1 group on practice field/parking lot
- Locker rooms will not be utilized during Phase 1. Athletes will report to workouts in proper gear and immediately return home to shower at end of the workout.
- Workouts will be conducted in groups of athletes with the same 5-9 athletes always working out together.
- There must be a minimum distance of 6 feet between each athlete at all times.
- Athletes will be dropped off where their group meets to start workout to alleviate crowding. Door 10 for weight room. Dismissal will take place from where athlete finishes workout.
- We will have a drop off and pick up isolation zone for parents at each station to keep social distancing.
- Adequate cleaning schedules will be created and implemented for the weight room to mitigate any communicable diseases. Athletes will use their own bar to complete lifts, sanitizing bar at the end of workout and plates with each use.
- Prior to athletes entering the weight room, hard surfaces will be wiped down and sanitized.
- Athletes will wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water and soap before touching any surfaces or participating in workouts. Bathroom doors will be propped open allowing athletes to wash before entering the weight room.
- Handsanitizer will be available to individuals.
- Weight equipment will be wiped down thoroughly before and after an athlete’s use of equipment.
- Appropriate clothing/shoes will be worn at all times in the weight room to minimize sweat from transmitting onto equipment/surfaces. Full t-shirts will be required to cover as much of the body as possible.
- Athletes will be encouraged to shower and wash their workout clothing immediately upon returning to home.
Physical Activity and Athletic Equipment:
- There will be no shared athletic equipment (towels, clothing, shoes, or sports specific equipment) between athletes.
- Athletes will wear their own appropriate workout clothing (do not share clothing) individual clothing/towels should be washed and cleaned after every workout. Full t-shirts will be required to cover as much of the body as possible.
- All athletic equipment, will be cleaned after each use and prior to the next workout.
- Resistance training will be emphasized as body weight, sub-maximal lifts and use of resistance bands.
- Free weight exercises will not use a spotter in Phase 1. Safety measures in all forms will be strictly enforced in the weight room under coach supervision.
- All students shall bring their own water bottle. Water bottles must not be shared.
Positive Case Protocol:
- Anyone with positive symptoms will have parent called immediately (no matter age)
- Those that didn’t drive themselves will be isolated in a separate room until pickup
- Athlete will be removed from the program for 10-14 days
- All programming will stop for 5 days and then resume