Airserver is a program installed on your computer which will allow you to display your iPad on your projector. This page will give you some tips and directions on how to use it.
Airserver should always been running on your computer. You can check for the silver circle icon in your system tray, which is located in the lower right corner of your screen. If you don't see if just to the left of the date and time, click the up facing arrow to see the entire system tray.
If the program is not running, you can start it by going the Start menu in the lower left > All Programs > AirServer > AirServer.
To use the program, you need to turn on Airplay on your iPad. Depending on if your iPad is running iOS 6 or iOS 7 will determine the method to do this. Make sure that your iPad is connected to the ROCORI wifi which requires a password. If you cannot connect, please submit a help ticket.
- Double tap the Home button (the circle button at the bottom of your iPad).
- On the bar of apps that appears at the bottom of your screen, swipe from left to right until you get to Airplay controls.
- Tap the Airplay icon (the box with up facing arrow). It will pop up a list of computers that you could connect to. Find your computer name and tap on it, then tap the Mirroring switch to enable Mirroring.
- If it asks you for a code, type in the code you were given when Airserver was initially set up on your computer.
- When you are finished, return to the Airplay controls, tap the Airplay button and turn off mirroring.
On your iPad, swipe from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Control Center.
- Tap on AirPlay, and find your computer in the list. When you tap on your computer, it may ask you for a code. Type in the code you were given when Airserver was initially set up on your computer.
- To mirror your display, tap on the Mirroring switch to enable mirroring.
- When you are finished, return to the Control Center, tap the Airplay button and turn off mirroring.
If you want to mirror a Youtube video, you will want to enable AirPlay directly from Youtube. This will provide a nice full screen video.
- Run your Youtube app by tapping on it, find the video you want to display and tap on it.
- On control bar of the video, you will see an AirPlay button on the right. Tap on the AirPlay button.
- From the list of computers that come up, tap your classroom computer.
- You will see the video disappear from your iPad and should start playing on your projector. When you are finished, tap the AirPlay icon again and change the display back to iPad.